Awards and Honors
- Finalist in the 2006 Niche Awards Program, Philadelphia, PA,
- “Carrie Chapman Catt Strong Minded Women Award,” (One of Five) Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 1997.
- “Ames Woman of the Year Award,” Beta Sigma Phi, Ames, IA, 1990.
- One of four honorees by the Story County Political Caucus for Contributions to
Political and Social Change, 1985.
- “Iowa Arts Council Outstanding Achievement Award” for “The most important
contribution by an individual to the arts in Iowa in 1984,” Des Moines, IA.
- "Christian Petersen Award,” Iowa State University, for “Contributions to the
Advancement of Design Through Personal Aesthetic Achievement, Exceptional
Support and Extraordinary Encouragement and Service,” 1984
- Ames Working Women Award,” Chamber of Commerce, Ames, IA, 1982.
- “Iowa Women’s Caucus Recognition Award,” One of Five Outstanding Women Art Directors, 1976.
- “Women in the News Award,”Theta Sigma Phi, 1970.